The Clark County Green Awards is an annual celebration of our community's best environmental champions. Awards are given to recognize outstanding sustainability work being done by individuals, organizations and businesses in Clark County. This event is a FREE fun evening of environmental inspiration. The 2022 Clark County Green Awards ceremony will be announced soon.
The awards presented are:
- Green Apple Award - for an individual involved in school (public or private) sustainability initiatives, projects and programs
- Green Team Award - School Green Team of the Year is a brand-new category to the Green Awards. This award celebrates the amazing students who participate in their school’s green team and work on environmental projects to create a healthy and sustainable culture around campus.
- Green Business of the Year - small business, large business, and nonprofit or government agency
- Green Neighbor of the Year - for an individual resident who goes above and beyond in modeling green living
- Master Composter Recycler Superstar - for a Master Composter Recycler program volunteer who goes above and beyond to teach others in the community to reduce waste and live sustainably, selected by previous winners of the award
This award is presented to an individual that works in schools and inspires students to learn about the environment and to practice sustainability at school and at home.
Nancy, an employee at Lacamas Lake Elementary School, engages students and motivates them to compost, recycle and conserve energy at school, instilling an enthusiasm for school involvement and for the environment.