Green Apple Award recipient announced at the Clark County Green Gala February 22
Join us for Clark County's Green Gala, a free community event celebrating sustainability efforts in Clark County and inspiring change, February 22nd from 5:30pm-7:30pm at Kiggins Theater.
The Green Apple Award will be presented, which recognizes an individual who inspires environmental change in schools. We'll also hear from Waste Not Food Taxi, a nonprofit that is working to reduce food waste and fight hunger, using volunteers to pick up leftover edible food in the Portland Metro area and deliver it to hunger-relief organizations. Other awards that will be given out include Green Business of the Year (small and large), Green Neighbor Award and Master Composter Recycler Superstar.
Take a look at who was nominated for the Green Apple Award!
- Ali Coker, Camas High School
- Dr. Charlene Shea, Gaiser Middle School
- Jane Kleiner, parent volunteer for Hough Elementary
- Kris Potter, River Homelink
- Nancy Stoy, Lacamas Heights Elementary
- Shannon Brooks, Thomas Jefferson Middle School
Come and celebrate everyone who helps make Clark County "green"!
Reception to follow.